Conferences, Symposia, and Events
To encourage continued study of all aspects of America's Vietnam experience, the Vietnam Center has developed an active program of conferences and symposia. Through these annual conferences and symposia, the Vietnam Center has brought together scholars, diplomats, statesmen, military professionals and veterans to discuss, debate and further understand the complex events that shaped the American experience in Southeast Asia. Past participants and speakers at these events include the Vietnam Center's former National Advisory Council Chairman Admiral Elmo R. Zumwalt, Jr.; former CIA Director William E. Colby; Ambassador Douglas "Pete" Peterson; former South Vietnamese Prime Minister General Nguyen Khanh; Peoples Army of Vietnam Lieutenant General Nguyen Dinh Uoc; General William B. Rosson, US Army (retired); noted journalist Peter Braestrup and many others.
Since 1993, the Vietnam Center has conducted an annual conference focused on specific topics, such as the advisory effort in Vietnam, the assassination of Ngo Dinh Diem, etc. Every three years the Center hosts a much wider-ranging symposium, at which participants are encouraged to present papers on any topic relating to the American experience in Vietnam. These events provide a forum for scholars, students, authors and veterans to present new research. They also encourage others to continue research in this important field. In this respect, the Vietnam Center very actively encourages graduate students to attend and present papers.
Calendar of Upcoming Events and Closures
In addition to annual conferences, the Vietnam Center and Archive hosts a range of other events throughout the year, ranging from guest lectures to banquets to our annual Vietnamese New Year (Tet) celebration.
STAR Web Error Detected
Please report the following errors to the webmaster (email@example.com) of this site (806-742-9010). In addition to the error message(s) below, the more information you are able to provide, the more likely we will be able to correct the problem. Information to provide includes what page you were trying to access, the time and date you received the error, steps you were taking, or the operating system and internet browser you were using.
The following problem has been detected
The problem occurs in the STAR Web session file at the following location:
You may be requested to supply the following information when reporting this error:
We apologize for any inconvenience this error may have caused. In many cases, these errors are caused by temporary problems. If possible, we suggest trying again in a little while. More information about access problems is available.
If you are unable to find the page you are looking for, try the site map.
To return to the previous page, use the back button on your browser or click here.
To be notified about upcoming events, visit our Follow the Vietnam Center & Archive page.
Past Conferences, Symposia, and Events
- 2016 Vietnam Center and Archive Symposium Call For Papers and Panels “A Medical History of the Vietnam War"
- 2015 Vietnam Center and Archive Guest Lecture Series
- 2014 Vietnam Center and Archive Guest Lecture Series
- 2011 Vietnam Center and Archive Guest Lecture Series
- 3rd Annual Vietnam Center and Archive Film Festival (2011)
- 2011 Symposium - 7th Triennial Vietnam Symposium, March 10-12, 2011
- Vietnamese New Year (Tet) 2011
- 2010 Fall - US National Security Policy and Military Strategy: Understanding the Environment for Contemporary Warfare
- 2010 Summer - United States-Vietnam Relations: Toward a Brighter Future (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- 2nd Annual Vietnam Center and Archive Film Festival (2010)
- 2010 Spring - Lessons Learned, Lessons Lost: Counterinsurgency from Vietnam to Iraq and Afghanistan
- Vietnamese New Year (Tet) 2010
- Vietnam Center 20th Anniversary Celebration (2009)
- 1st Annual Vietnam Center and Archive Film Festival (2009)
- 2009 Spring - Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and the Vietnam War
- Vietnamese New Year (Tet) 2009
- 2002 Symposium - 4th Triennial Vietnam Symposium, April 11-13, 2002
- 2001 Conference - The Advisory Effort and the Armed forces of the Republic of Vietnam
- 1997 Conference - Teaching Vietnam